CFS Request Instructions
The below fields are required in order to send a request to Houston Terminal for stripping or stuffing of cargo. Next to each item is a description of the necessary information. After all of the required information has been updated a button will appear that says "Ready for HT Review". This notifies the CFS department that a request has been made and someone should be reaching out shortly with the quotation.
Main Page Information
1. Responsible Custome Name: This is the name of the company that will be responsible for payment of the services provided.
2. Customer Reference/Booking#: This is a reference for your convenience, whether it be an internal reference or a booking number with the Line Operator. Our preference would be a booking number.
3. Customer Contact Name: Enter your name or the name of the person who you would like to be contacted in connection with this shipment.
4. Contact Phone Number: Enter the phone number of the person that was listed in the Customer Contact Name Field.
5. Customer Email: This field as well as customer email 2 are where the quotation will be sent after it has been fully processed.
6. Port Houston Terminal: This is the terminal where the work will need to be performed.
7. Line Operator Code: This is the Steam Ship Line that the cargo is booked through.
8. Movement Type: This is to define whether this cargo is Import or Export.
9. Foreign Port Code: This is to define the origin of where the cargo came from as an import or destination for where it will go as an export.
Vessel Info Tab
1. Projected Vessel: The vessel that the cargo is expected to transit on.
2. Projected Voyage: The Voyage number that the is expected to transit on, should be some combination of letters and numbers.
3. Projected Arrival Date: This is the current ETA for the Projected Vessel & Voyage of the cargo.
Pieces to Stuff/Strip Tab
For this section you will have to hit the button that says "Add Piece". You will need to follow this process for each different size & weight piece you would like us to handle.
1. Number of Same Pieces: This is the amount of pieces that are of a same size and weight.
2. Length (Feet): The lenght of those pieces in Feet & inches.
3. Width (Feet): The width of those pieces in feet & inches.
4. Height (Feet): The height of those pieces in feet & inches.
5. Weight (US Tons): This is the weight of the cargo in Pounds divided by 2000.
6. Description: Any specific description of the cargo other than dimensions and weight that you would like to provide.
7. Type: This is a breakdown of cargo types that we see on average, please do your best to place that into one of these categories.
Container Types Tab
For this section, just as the previous, you will need to click the "Add Container" button. This will allow you to input, one at a time the container information for containers that you would like stripped or stuffed.
1. Container Number: If this is an export shipment then there is no entry necessary as a dummy number is automatically generated, but if this is an import then we ask you to please input the actual container numbers that correlate with the shipment.
2. ISO Code: Select the corresponding ISO code for the type of container you would like to have transloaded.
This is the final section prior to finalizing the quote request. This will again require clicking the "Add Attachment" Button and will again have to be done once per attachment.
1. Attachment Type: Select from the drop down the type of attachment that you are uploading.
2. Attachment: Press the "Choose File" to select and attach the desired file.
Once all of these steps have been executed, which can be tracked via the Initial Input Tracker, the button "Ready for HT Review" will appear. Once pressed it will send the request to the CFS Department for review and an expeditious return of the quotation.